The Firm represents businesses and entrepreneurs in transactions and business
formation and governance. The Firm's attorneys bring their unique
perspective developed from more than 160 years of combined business litigation
experience to bear on transaction structure and to anticipate and minimize
the risks future problems.
The Firm currently serves as outside general counsel to a health and wellness
software company, a real estate development firm, an international private
education company, a local property management firm, a marketing agency
and a printing company. We assist businesses in the drafting and review
of acquisition agreements, leases, supplier contracts, licensing contracts,
shareholder and governance documents and employment/consulting agreements.
The firm has recently or is currently handling the following business/corporate matters:
- $5,000,000 acquisition of private language school by a UK-based education
- Private placement offering for health and wellness internet start-up.
- Transfer of state of registration, restructuring and development of operating
agreement for foreign limited liability company.
- Lease negotiations for commercial printer.
- Drafting $450,000 software development agreement.
A principal touchstone of the Firm's commercial and transactional practice
is to always recognize that the client, and not the attorney, is the businessperson
in the deal. The Firm's transactional and commercial attorneys understand
that the Firm's role is to assist in documenting the deal and protecting
the client, and not to take over the deal.